Fighting line noise with Kmail

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 29 08:44:15 BST 2008

cr wrote:
> Any time after heavy rain, Telescum delivers more line noise than signal to my
> modem.    I get bits of signal, long periods of inactivity, and every now and
> then the modem just gives up and drops off line.

not familiar with all of kmail config and setting it up as you question.

i do have questions about your isp setup and rain.

'telescum'.
is this a telephone company which you send and receive over a 'land line'?

or are you 'land line' send and satellite down linked?

do you know of anyone else with same telco [telephone company]?

ria, if kmail configs can not help you, you do need to get after your
telco provider.

wet lines can happen anywhere. check 'drop box' yourself. it is where
telco service line junctions to line entering your home. easy cure if
you have a leak there is to spray with silicon. better yet, use urethane.

other wise, it is in cable junction at your drop or somewhere back to
central office.

if you are satellite down linked, noise is caused by rain blocking
microwave signal and nothing to do but wait for clear weather.

a few years back, a poster was having trouble with noise in land line
when it rained and was sol because his telco was not bound by laws as
they are here in usa. he had to restrict his internet usage to when he
had clear days.

--

tc,hago.

.