kde 4.1 desktop

Mon Jun 2 02:43:11 BST 2008

On Monday 02 Jun 2008 6:04:41 am Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Could someone explain the rationale for removing icons from the desktop in
> 4.1?  I'm not judging the change (not looking for opinions about whether
> it's a good or bad change), just curious about the driver behind it.  I've
> read that it better fits the 4.1 desktop paradigm, but I'm not even sure
> what that is.

Paul, I can't be sure if this will answer you to satisfaction but Aaron's blog
is a possible source of information. See
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/05/no-more-desktop-icons-in-41.html

> Also, in the kde4live distro, is there a way to change the icon sizes in
> the default plasmoid that "appears" on the "desktop"?

Is that KDE 4.0.x? If so then it is a good tine to look at 4.1 beta's. There
is a world of a difference! or maybe not... you decide.
--
Cheers!
Kishore