kde 4.1 desktop

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 2 01:34:41 BST 2008

Could someone explain the rationale for removing icons from the desktop in
4.1?  I'm not judging the change (not looking for opinions about whether it's
a good or bad change), just curious about the driver behind it.  I've read
that it better fits the 4.1 desktop paradigm, but I'm not even sure what that
is.

Also, in the kde4live distro, is there a way to change the icon sizes in the
default plasmoid that "appears" on the "desktop"?

Paul