Restoring functionality to KDE4

Thu Jul 3 05:38:40 BST 2008

On Wednesday 02 Jul 2008 4:00:55 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > OTOH if you are only missing a taskbar and want to restore it, you can do
> > so by dragging the taskbar widget from the "add widgets" dialog, directly
> > into the panel where you want it.
>
> I discovered the taskbar this morning, and have it on the desktop now,
> which could prove a life-saver for the moment.  Putting it on the panel is
> not an option, as, with everything scrunched to the left, it gets put into
> the user-space part of the panel which is hidden.

Which version of kde are you at? 4.1 beta? only the 4.1 series has the option
to horizontally resize the panel. If this is 4.0 then something is really
screwed and dumping config files is perhaps the best option.

> Now I have the desktop taskbar I can manage until I have time to play with
> this.

Well! A taskbar on the desktop, behind all other windows, does not really make
much sense. Does it!? ;-)
--
Cheers!
Kishore