Changing encoding in Dolphin

Michael Mauch michael.mauch at gmx.de
Sat Jan 26 18:52:49 GMT 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 26/01/2008, Michael Mauch <michael.mauch at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Could it be that we're all barking up the wrong tree? Did you check that
>> you were putting the options in the right place, e.g. after you mounted
>> the drive (or after it ws auto-mounted), did you check with "mount" that
>> you did indeed hit the right partition with your options?
>
> Actually, I'm not sure how to check that the drive was in fact mounted
> with the correct options. How to check?

You can use "mount" in a shell and look at the last line of output.

Or you can right-click on the disk icon on the desktop, then choose
properties, Volume and look at the Mount Options. If you open the
Settings there, you can also change the mount options. The new mount
options are only effective after you unmount the disk. After unplugging
and replugging the stick your new mount options should be in effect.

Regards...
                Michael