Konqueror not letting me switch encoding

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:34:13 GMT 2008

In KDE 3.5.8 with Konqueror of the same version on Ubuntu 7.04, I have
the problem where Tools->Encoding (or the English equivalent) is
greyed out when inserting the SD card of my Nokia 6288. Thus, the
non-ascii filenames and foldernames are displayed as question marks.
If this is not the place to change encoding, then what is the place?
If it is the place, then why might it be grey and inaccessible? Thanks
in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il