Changing the KMenu icon

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:14:54 GMT 2008

Em Dom 28 Dez 2008, Robert Spangler escreveu:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have searched and search but haven't found a way to change the icon
> of the KMenu.  Is there a simple way of doing this?  From what I have
> read you need to replace the current icon which is something I would
> prefer not to do.  I change my Icon using the control center but I am
> not happy with the KMenu icon that it is using and would like to
> change it.
>
> KDE version is 3.3.1 and no I am not going to upgrade it just for the
> icon. This is an up to date system with the upstream provider.

You need just to overwrite it in the icon theme you are using.
The path is:
/usr/share/icons/THEME_NAME/SIZE/apps/kmenu.png

Replace THEME_NAME with the name of the directory of the icon theme
you're using. All of its SIZE subdirectories (maybe except 128x128) will
have an apps directory in it with a kmenu.png file, which should be
replaced with the image you want. The new image should be the exact size
of the one being replaced.

[]'s
Marcelo