[kde] Kuickshow in KDE 4?

Sun Dec 21 19:40:45 GMT 2008

Did you mean to CC kget@? I left them in CC, just in case. Full quote
for kde@'s benefit.

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 20:26, Carsten Pfeiffer <pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:
> Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2008 schrieben Sie:
>
> Thanks for forwarding the mail, Richard!

Np. Thanks for kuickshow ;)

>> > - when browsing images with page-up/page-down, some operations (zoom,
>> > rotation, brightness, ...) should be remembered, (even) if the image is
>> > not saved, so that going back to that image will display it as it was
>> > displayed before
>>
>> Make that optional, please. I rely on the pictures being displayed as they
>> are each time I (re-)visit them. I am not sure if kuickshow heeds the EXIF
>> rotation data, but if it does not, that would be a great addition for the
>> new version :)
>
> It does respect the EXIF data. And actually it should already remember "some"
> information, but not all of them, and it forgets them quickly, too, so it's
> not /that/ useful. But no problem, we can make it optional.

Thanks :)

>> > - dragging an image currently moves the image (in case it is larger than
>> > the window), it would be nice if the image could (additionally) be
>> > dragged to somewhere else, as a URL drag
>>
>> That will most likely cause many mis-drags as people will not expec that
>> moving the dragging mouse cursor outside of the window will change it's
>> function on the fly.
>> How about a shift/ctrl drag that will actually drag'n'drop the picture?
>
> I have the same concerns, but I'm going to try how it "feels". How often do
> you actually move the image outside of the window in order to scroll it? I
> *think* this happens rather seldom, if at all, that's why I thought one could
> make that a drag-operation.

If you mean how often the image is so large that I move the mouse outside
of the window while moving around the visible part: quite often.

While we are at it, could you guys make shift-arrow, ctrl-arrow or some
such move the image as if I dragged it? That would save huge amounts of
time.
Maybe even pixel-exact moving with ctrl-arrow, larger chunks with
shift-arrow and fast moving with shift-ctrl-arrow.

Richard