Trying to control Konq profile

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 18 20:07:48 BST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 17:08:15 D. R. Evans wrote:
> Anne Wilson said the following at 08/18/2008 09:07 AM :
> > On Monday 18 August 2008 15:36:50 D. R. Evans wrote:
> >> Now that Akademy is over, I'll try asking this again:
> >>
> >> Running Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 3.5.9.
> >>
> >> Konq behaviour that I want:
> >>
> >> 1. Open on the about:konqueror screen
> >
> > Hi, Doc.  I think this must be a kubuntu thing, or at least I don't
> > understand the reference.  But maybe that doesn't matter much.
>
> I just tried it in Mandriva (2006), and it behaves the same, so I don't
> think it's just a Kubuntu question.

Then I must be misunderstanding you.  what is this about:konqueror screen?
The only one I have is the one that shows version, authors and translators.

> >> 2. When I view a directory (and, in particular, when I click on the
> >> "home" icon on the about:konqueror page), view the directory in treeview
> >> mode.
> >
> > Do you mean that you want it to always open in treeview mode?  If so,...
>
> Yes, that's what I mean.
>
> >> It's got to be easy, but I have messed and messed with the profile file,
> >> and I simply cannot get Konq to do the above.
> >
> > set the view to treeview mode, then go to Settings > Save View Profile
> > (don't worry if it says Web Browsing, or any other profile) and it gives
> > you the option of selecting an existing profile or creating another one.
> > Just select File Management and save.  Quit konq and restart it.  That
> > should do it.
>
> Nope. :-( That's probably the very first thing I tried.

Strange.  It works on this laptop - Mandriva 2008.1 with kde4.  And it worked
on 2008.0 with kde3 - and earlier versions, but I can't remember how far back
I first did it.

Anne