ssh to multiple servers in seperate tabs in Konsole with one?bookmark or script?

Michael Mauch michael.mauch at gmx.de
Wed Aug 6 19:52:01 BST 2008

JW wrote:

> I routinely need to run some commands on a whole bunch of remote servers at
> once.
>
> Currently when I need to do this, I open up a new Konsole, ssh to the first
> server, name that tab with the server's name. Open a new tab, ssh to the
> second server, name that tab. And so on, for all my servers. THen I can use
> the "send input to all sessions" option.
>
> What I would like to do is have some command or bookmark to do al the
> tabopening/ssh connections at once.

You could use Settings -> Configure console, then create new sessions,
one for each different ssh connection. Start all of the sessions (they
are in the sessions menu), then use Settings -> Save Sessions Profile.

To start this session profile, use "konsole --profile your_profile".

If you don't want to click around to add 60 sessions, look in
~/.kde/share/apps/konsole/profiles/ and edit your profile there. If you
already have some sessions there it is easy to add the remaining ones,
just dont't forget to increase numSes as well. You could even write a
script to read your hostnames from a file.

Regards...
                Michael