Kdm and pam_ldap won't start

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Tue Aug 5 22:03:25 BST 2008

Hi,

I installed KDE3 on FreeBSD here and everything works fine. Then I
installed pam_ldap and nss_ldap. Login and SSH authentication work
fine either. However, Kdm refuses to start a KDE session.

The log files read:

/var/log/kdm-bin.log

KCrash: Application 'kdmgreet' crashing...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.

/var/log/messages

Aug  5 19:02:18 hostname kdm-bin: :0[32000]: Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 0, signal 14

How can I debug this? What is going on here?

Thanks in advance,

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf