file associations icons

Mon Aug 4 17:54:35 BST 2008

On Monday 04 Aug 2008 9:59:56 pm António Rodrigues Tomé wrote:
> I'm using kde4.1 and most of the mimetypes have the icon "unknown"
> associated. How it is possible to change the icon when one edit or add a
> file
> asssociation?
Right click on the file in dolphin and select properties from the menu. In the
General page, to the far right of the line that says "Type" should be a
spanner icon button. Click on it to reach the file association dialog for that
file type. Now select the application that is listed on top and select "Edit".
Here you should be presented with a dialog that allows you to click on the
icon to change it.

The above should also be possible from the file association settings. However,
you should contact your distribution as this seems the result of broken
packaging. Hope that helps.
--
Cheers!
Kishore