[kde-announce] KDE 4.0.3 Released

Thu Apr 3 14:59:36 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:07 AM, Scott <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

>  Gopher?
>  People still use that?

Yes. While not a mainstream thing, some people like to use the old stuff
just for old stuff's sake.

>  I think time could have been spent on the 4,234,234 bugs and other apps that
>  need attention/implementation.
>
>  Something on the oder of Kicker (at both the bottom *and* the top of the
>  desktop for starters) would be nice... :)

People are usually unpaid and choose what they want to work on. I find
it pretty amazing how a thing like KDE can even exist without massive corporate
backing.
I am sure your code contributions towards the goals stated above will be
valued, by the way :)

Richard