kdepimlibs build error - CMake Error: ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Sep 10 00:10:53 BST 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007, Marco Mangiante wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after compiled successfully qtcopy, kdesupport and kdelibs (I hope so), I
> tried to compile the kdepimlibs module, but when I do the command cmake kde
> I receive the error:
>
> CMake Error: ERROR: Could not find KDE4 kde4-config
>
> I see if I have the file, and it is in the directory
> /home/kde-devel/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs/bin, so it is present.
>
> Can someone help me to understand why I obtain this error?

kdepimlibs build assumes that you have done "make install" in kdelibs and that
prefix/bin is in your path.

prefix in this case is the directory you passed to
cmake's -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX parameter

For example if you did this when building the earlier modules (always use the
same prefix for all modules)

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kde-devel/install

you should the do something like this

export PATH=/home/kde-devel/install/bin:$PATH

I attach the shell enviroment helper I am using
Before doing KDE trunk (development branch) related things I always source
this in the current shell

% source kdetrunkenv

As you can see the two paths at the beginning need to be set correctly,
everyhting else is relative to them

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring