Konsole unable to start xapps as root in Archlinux

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Oct 19 18:15:49 BST 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Thanks for that other option Ryo. Do those commands provide a permanent
> change, that hold up after a logout/login, or reboot?

I better let Ryo comment on this one :)

> I ran the xhost command as. xhost +local:root, but when I logged out, and
> back in, I had to run the command again. I resolved that by running the
> command in .kde's autostart. Was the "%" sign necessary at the start of the
> line?

It is only effective as long as the instance of the X server is running and
only for this X server (actually the DISPLAY your run it on).

The "%" is not meant to be part of the command, I used it to indicate the
command prompt.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring