How to display keyboard layouts on screen

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Fri May 18 17:31:38 BST 2007

I've set up gb, ca, us, and dvorak keyboards in KDE. Is there someway of
displaying these on screen so that I can see which characters are displayed
for the different levels, depending on which key/key combination I press.

A recent post mentioned using xkbprint, but you have to specify the keyboard
layout you want to see. Also I have no idea if setting up various keyboard
layouts in KDE, has any correlation with keyboard layouts in X.

I've also done a bit of Googling, and found a wiki that had keyboard layouts,
that I could view, but the "ca" one doesn't match up to the one I've set up
in KDE.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Nigel.