Problems with KDE 3.5 (Kubuntu 6.10) with X terminals

Basil Fowler b.j.fowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Thu May 17 23:05:24 BST 2007

The distro used on the terminal is Vector Linux 5.1.  The terminal's cpu
capacity is 149 bogomips and has 128Mb memory.  Its loading (according to the
output from "top" is less than 10%.  Matters involving the terminal only,
such as movement of the mouse, are perfectly satisfactory, so I do not
believe that the performance of the X server on the terminal is the cause.

The server loading 10-15 %, processing capacity 1700 bogomips, with 768 MB
memory.

The distribution on the server has been changed from Mandriva 2006 to Kubuntu
6.10.

Hope this info helps.

Basil