konqueror: copying files in sequence

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 8 10:54:57 BST 2007

On Dienstag, 8. Mai 2007 +0100, Ryo Furue wrote:

> | I would be nice to have an option in konqueror to transfer files in
> | the order they were selected or the order they are listed in the UI.
>
> I think that's doable, but I'm afraid its usefulness may be limited.
> As you noted, different file systems store files in different orders.

Transfer ordering might not necessarily be a just for having the right
ordering on the target.
For exampe imagine that you want to transfer files over a network connection.
One might like to have all small files transferred first, so if the
connection breaks or you don't have any more time, etc., you have most files
copied or you just need to resume a few.

As for representing it this would have to be looked at by the usability
people. Maybe a bit like Amarok's track enqueing, i.e. something like right
click a file and "Add to action queue" and have the number of its queue index
displayed as part of its icon.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in such a feature, they should file a wish
list item on bugs.kde.org for either Dolphin, Konqueror or both otherwise the
respective developers won't even know such an idea exists :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring