konqueror - enable/disable plugins

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Wed Mar 28 16:42:02 BST 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 17:00, T E Schmitz wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 March 2007 14:49, T E Schmitz wrote:
> >>Kevin Krammer wrote:
> >>
> >>www.capitalspreads.com
> >>There is a square box on the home page displaying the current index
> >>values (e.g. DAX Rolling Daily). To the right of the arrow you should
> >>see the bid/ask price (e.g. 6807-6809). These values are not visible in
> >>Mozilla/Flash9 but it is with Flash7.
> >
> > I just tried it with Konqueror of FC2. First with flash-plugin 7.0.68-1,
> > and the site works as it should. Then, as there was an update available
> > to 9.0.31-1, I tried the site using Konqueror, and it still works ok.
> >
> > I forgot to try Firefox with the 7.0.68 version, but have tried it now
> > with the 9.0.31-1 version, the the site works ok with Firefox too.
> >
> > I need to update the flash-plugin on Etch. I've just noticed that it's
> > ancient. Version 7.0 r25. I'll try to update, and try it later.
>
> I have Flash 9.0.r31 as downloaded from Adobe. I tried the above with
> Mozilla, Firefox, Galeon, Epiphany, Konqueror - none of them display the
> BID-ASK values, just the flashing background colour. The price is kind
> of crucial ...

Well I updated flash-plugin on Etch. I had to mess about a bit, as my Etch was
upgraded from Sarge, and a lot of stuff, including the flash-plugin, and
Firefox wasn't directly available from the Debian repos.

Anyway. Now I have installed flashplugin-nonfree 9.0.31.0.1 , which as it says
is from the nonfree Debian repo. This downloaded the plugin from Adobe, and
installed it.

I've tried it out with Konqueror, and the site still works fine, as it does on
FC2. The site asks for 1 cookie to be accepted, which I ok, and the box
displays the list of stock, the arrows, and the "Bid-Ask" prices, which
regularly update.

It's at least working with Konqueror on Debian Etch. I still have to update
Firefox on Etch, so havn't tried that yet.

Nigel.

btw. Did you install it using apt-get from the nonfree repo, or did you get
the plugin directly from Adobe?