konqueror - enable/disable plugins

T E Schmitz mailreg at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Mar 28 16:00:48 BST 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 March 2007 14:49, T E Schmitz wrote:
>
>>Kevin Krammer wrote:
>
>>www.capitalspreads.com
>>There is a square box on the home page displaying the current index
>>values (e.g. DAX Rolling Daily). To the right of the arrow you should
>>see the bid/ask price (e.g. 6807-6809). These values are not visible in
>>Mozilla/Flash9 but it is with Flash7.
>

> I just tried it with Konqueror of FC2. First with flash-plugin 7.0.68-1, and
> the site works as it should. Then, as there was an update available to
> 9.0.31-1, I tried the site using Konqueror, and it still works ok.
>
> I forgot to try Firefox with the 7.0.68 version, but have tried it now with
> the 9.0.31-1 version, the the site works ok with Firefox too.
>
> I need to update the flash-plugin on Etch. I've just noticed that it's
> ancient. Version 7.0 r25. I'll try to update, and try it later.

I have Flash 9.0.r31 as downloaded from Adobe. I tried the above with
Mozilla, Firefox, Galeon, Epiphany, Konqueror - none of them display the
BID-ASK values, just the flashing background colour. The price is kind
of crucial ...

I have a similar problem with Flash 7 (when logged in): in some browsers
the buy/sell pop-up does not display the button text. OK, I know sell is
  on the left ...

Another web site requires Flash 9. As every browser picks the plug-in up
from .mozilla, I have to keep on renaming the plug-in, so I can't look
at both sites at the same time.

I am sorry, this is going off-topic now as we are now talking about any
browser.

--

Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz