odd Konqueror/Taskbar behaviour

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Mar 18 22:57:37 GMT 2007

I have something "different" happening with a page in Konqueror and the KDE
Taskbar and maybe someone here can explain it.

I have a page I maintain at weather.bss.ab.ca with the "print-friendly"
current local weather forecast from our government weather service and some
links to other weather pages. The page refreseshes with a meta-tag of 30
minutes. It's a simple page: one frame at the top with links that populate a
frame that takes up the rest.

Recently, the "main" page, the forecast, was changed slightly by its
originator - a couple colour changes and now 4 graphic buttons that were
previously excluded from this version.

Now here's the difference: When the focus is not on the Konqueror window where
the page lives, whenever the page refreshes itself, it flashes the Taskbar
button for the page 3 times and then highlights (darkens, in my case) it.
When the focus is on the window, the Taskbar is silent.

Before the recent change to the forecast page the refreshes would just do
their thing quietly and there would be no Taskbar highlighting.

I haven't altered any window-behaviour settings in a long time. I'm running
KDE 3.5.5 on Fedora Core 5.