Help What does this mean? Suse 9.1 problem with GRUB/

JACKIE AINSWORTH jackieinbosham at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 08:24:13 GMT 2007

Hi. Linux newbies here.

We can only get a black screen;

GNU GRUBVERSION 0.9 (638K lower/65526k upper memory)

[Minimal BASH - like line editing is supported. For the first word,TAB lists
possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
completions of a device/filename.]

grub>_

referring to Suse 9.1 admin guide page 140 6.4.1 GRUB BOOT MENU , we enter
commands after cursor prompt and get error numbers; 1,22,27, but have no
list of error number explanations.

How can we get our Suse 9.1 O/S back on screen please?(on our home tower)

Regards Jackie and Jim.