Window-Specific Settings: Documentation?

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 01:40:41 GMT 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007, Ryo Furue wrote:
> Hi KDE users,
>
> I'm wondering how I can learn how to use
> the "Window-Specific Settings" of the Control Center.

This might not exactly be what you were asking for, but I use a slightly
different method to create window specific rules. I don't create them from
the Control Center. Instead, I press Alt+F3 or right-click on the window
titlebar of the window that I want to affect. Then I select Advanced ->
Special Window Settings. It will popup a dialog box that looks similar to the
one you will find in the Control Center, except it already filled it the
necessary details in the Window tab of that dialog box.

These are the only documentation I could find in http://docs.kde.org
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/userguide/windows-how-to-work.html
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/kcontrol/windowmanagement/index.html

Hope that helps.