kio_media issues

Chris Hoy Poy chris at central-data.net
Tue Jun 19 05:25:31 BST 2007

I'm having an issue where kio_media fails to start the first time (ie
when you use konqueror to go to system:/media) - but it works the second
time.

I'm working on a kiosk image at the moment - so I have to destroy the
configurations each time a login/logout occurs.

Are there any specific configuration options I should look at, in regard
to kio_media - (I do know that after you use konqueror system:/media
once, kio_media starts up, and then it works from that point on).

Is there a way to manually launch kio_media in the background from
kdeinit ?

Cheers;

Chris Hoy Poy
Senior Infrastructure Engineer