Bad looking fonts on Fedora 7 and latest KDE Branch 3.5

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Jun 4 13:59:14 BST 2007

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> Hello, Everyone
> To avoid the duplication of information, I will launch right into a
> numbered list of steps describing this problem.
>
> 1. Completely fresh install of Fedora 7 (not an upgrade.  Re-formatted
> the harddrive)
> As you may have guessed, the reason I'm bringing this to you instead of
> the Fedora list is because fonts display as desired in Fedora 7's KDE.
> The only font issue that I have is with KDE from Branch 3.5.
> Of course, this might just point out an issue with Fedora 7 that I need
> to take up with them.  If so, let me know and I will gladly take it up
> with Fedora.

Steven,

fwiw, fedora's kde packaging does have quite a few distro-specific patches
applied, but I'm pretty sure they aren't much different between fc6 and f7.

If you ever discover the cause of your font maladies, let me know if there's
anything we can do to help on the fedora-packaging side of things...

-- Rex