kmail slows when typing

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 07:14:19 BST 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007 16:19:52 heba ry wrote:
> <fluca1978 at infinito.it> wrote:
> >Are you sure? Because when kmail starts slowing down I can
> >still use other applications, including text editors,
> >normally. I mean, only kmail seems to be slowing down (and
> >it is not popping or fetching emails).
>
> yes, I'm sure.
>
> It's also a my problem, when I update the distro (for example) and write an
> e-mail in the same, the writing it's more slow, when the update finished
> the writing turn fine.

I can confirm this issue. At first I thought that it was the automatic spell
checking, but the issue remains after spell checking is disabled. It happens
on my laptop SuSE 10.1, KDE 3.5.7, but not on my desktop PC (same OS/KDE).

Somehow I can't see how typing a message should be involved in network
communication slowing it down. Besides, I don't think I have any problems
with the network traffic.

Additionally, it seems that the problem occures more often when the mail is
longer and the CPU goes 100%.

--
Blade hails you...

Who are you? Man condemned to shine a salvation
Throughout the centuries
                                    --Nightwish