Network sound problem

Basil Fowler b.j.fowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 08:53:49 BST 2007

Thanks for the info.

I have not been able to get kscd to work as I want.

However, changing the settings of the audio driver in Kaffeine enables me to
play DVDS and CDs over the network.  Kaffeine uses the Xine engine in Kubuntu
6.10.

The only remaining task is to get Realplayer to work over the network,
specifically the Realplayer streams from the BBC, but I believe that it can
be "wrapped".  If I have to be satisfied with three out of four (system, DVD,
CD), I shall be content.

Thank you for all your help.

Basil