Question about email threading

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:00:09 BST 2007

On Thursday 28 June 2007 07:01:22 Bob Stia wrote:
> Hello KDE people,
>
> Since my upgrade to Kmail 1.9.7 I find that my threading is broken. It
> threads a bunch of messages and then way down the list of incoming messages
> there is another threaded group of the same subject. Not the same ones and
> usually earlier. Anybody else see this?
>
> Didn't we used to be able to thread by subject and/or date/time of arrival?

Hi,

Threading in KMail is based on the In-Reply-To header, which is the right way
to do it. Threading on subject is not relyable, because nothing stops people
from having a subject line that is exactly the same as in another, entirely
different thread (and this happens quite a lot).

I think there was a discussion about having an option to use subject based
threading in the kde-pim mailing list. You should search the archive and see
what the others had to say.

Best regards.

--
Blade hails you...