k3b measuring dir size across nfs

pol linux_milano at yahoo.it
Sun Jul 1 08:28:21 BST 2007

Hi all,

I use k3b to burn backup cd  (dvd-r 4.7 gb) of directories on ext3 file
system across nfs connection.

K3b has just reported the selected remote directory to be more than 2 gb
large. Yet the same mounted directory, as measured by 'du -s' on the local
station, where k3b is running, returns about 0.5 gb only . That is the
probable correct value, being the same that is found by 'du -s' on the
remote machine.
Add to this that no instruction to follow symbolic links has been given
(I hope k3b does not follow symbolic links by default)
What is wrong?

thank you

--
Pol