extra blank kicker?

Daiajo Tibdixious daiajo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:48:19 GMT 2007

My young daughter can only reach the lowest 2 rows of the keyboard,
but has an amazing ability to completely re-arrange a desktop, move
things around, start things, etc.
While I can normally fix everything up, one thing has survived kde
restarts, reboots, and kde upgrades:

I have an extra gray window that behaves somewhat like a kicker (it
can be moved to different edges of the screen, windows won't start
overlapping it, but can be moved underneath it) but there are no icons
on it, and it otherwise is completely inactive.

I really want to get rid of this window, as it takes up a significant
chunk of screen real estate.

Its been difficult to search for a solution, as I don't know how to
specify the problem properly.

I'm currently running KDE version 3.5