extra blank kicker?

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:55:40 GMT 2007

On 27.1.2007 14:48:19 Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
> My young daughter can only reach the lowest 2 rows of the keyboard,
> but has an amazing ability to completely re-arrange a desktop, move
> things around, start things, etc.
> While I can normally fix everything up, one thing has survived kde
> restarts, reboots, and kde upgrades:
>
> I have an extra gray window that behaves somewhat like a kicker (it
> can be moved to different edges of the screen, windows won't start
> overlapping it, but can be moved underneath it) but there are no icons
> on it, and it otherwise is completely inactive.
>
> I really want to get rid of this window, as it takes up a significant
> chunk of screen real estate.
>
> Its been difficult to search for a solution, as I don't know how to
> specify the problem properly.

Hi,

Your daughter has managed to add a new panel to kicker. To remove it,
right-click on your main panel (Unlock it if it is locked) and select Remove
Panel -> <Name Of Panel>. The name of the panel might be different, depending
on what she selected, but if you normally use only one kicker panel, there
should be a single name there - the panel you want removed.

--
Blade hails you...

The truth at the end of time
Losing faith makes a crime