K9copy Problems

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 13:46:50 GMT 2007

On 18.1.2007 01:40, Graham wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:19:29 +0200
> Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sorry for being away but here are the answers from the latest run of
>
> K9copy:
> > What exactly is the error report? There may be some valuable
> > information...
>
> An error occured while running DVDAuthor:
> ERR: procremap encountered unknown subtitle command: 51

This sounds like something specific to a disc. Do you receive the same error
message trying to copy different DVD-9 discs? Sorry, but I have never used
K9copy and can't really tell you what the problem might be. I just thought
that the error message could be somewhat more informative.

Does this error occur right after starting the copy process or at some later
point?

Anyone else? Ideas? Maybe someone who has successfully used K9copy with such
DVDs?

> > > Has anybody got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
> >
> > K9copy requires vamps library to do the compression of the video
> > stream. Make sure you have that and configured.
> Since looking at this problem with another's eyes (my stepdaughters's),
> it seems that K9copy may not be able to copy encrypted DVD-9 dvds to
> DVD-5.  It is precisely those commercial dvds that I wish to copy.
> Moreover the authors of K9copy may face prosecution if they mention any
> of the means of copying encrypted DVD-9 dvds. I have libdvdcss2
> installed, but this allows the playing of DVD-9 dvds, not their copying.

I think that libdvdcss2 should be sufficient to allow copying of protected
disc. Yet again, I am not sure.

Sorry that I can't really be of much help to you...

--
Blade hails you...

Last dance, first kiss
Your touch my bliss