missing config dialogs?

Boyan Tabakov blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:34:46 GMT 2007

On 11.1.2007 07:52, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I just finished building KDE 3.5.5 from sources on FC6/Zod. Things
> *mostly* work, but I seem to be missing a number of config dialogs. In
> particular, 'configure konsole' does not work at all (stdout below), and
> 'configure panel' only brings up one set of options where I am expecting
> something like IIRC four (I have "taslbar", but I am missing the ones
> for e.g. if menus should show name/description and in what order, where
> the taskbar should be, what background image to use, etc). It seems like
> an install of something did not go right, but I am not sure where to look.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> --------
> If I run konsole in konsole (<g>), I see the following when I try to go
> to 'configure konsole':
>
> kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kcmshell' from launcher.
> kio (KLauncher): kcmshell (pid 22139) up and running.
> DCOP: register 'kcmshell-22139' -> number of clients is now 2
> kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
> kcmshell (kdelibs): WARNING: Could not find module 'kcmkonsole'.
> DCOP:  'kcmshell-22139' now known as 'kcmshell_'
> DCOP: unregister 'kcmshell_'
> kdeinit: PID 22139 terminated.
> DCOP: unregister 'konsole-22032'
>
> ...and similar results if I try to run 'kcmshell kcmkonsole' manually.

Looks like you are missing some modules. See if you can find kcm_konsole.lo
and kcm_konsole.so in <kde-dir>/lib/kde3/. There should be some other kcm_*
files there too. Not sure what you should do if you are missing those though.
Maybe missed some config option before building?

--
Blade hails you...

As he died, he will return to die in me again
Weaving the cloth, giving birth to the Century Child
Who gave his life not for the world but for me
Innocence reborn once more
                                         --Nightwish