missing config dialogs?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 11 05:52:36 GMT 2007

I just finished building KDE 3.5.5 from sources on FC6/Zod. Things
*mostly* work, but I seem to be missing a number of config dialogs. In
particular, 'configure konsole' does not work at all (stdout below), and
'configure panel' only brings up one set of options where I am expecting
something like IIRC four (I have "taslbar", but I am missing the ones
for e.g. if menus should show name/description and in what order, where
the taskbar should be, what background image to use, etc). It seems like
an install of something did not go right, but I am not sure where to look.

How can I fix this?

--------
If I run konsole in konsole (<g>), I see the following when I try to go
to 'configure konsole':

kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kcmshell' from launcher.
kio (KLauncher): kcmshell (pid 22139) up and running.
DCOP: register 'kcmshell-22139' -> number of clients is now 2
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca
kcmshell (kdelibs): WARNING: Could not find module 'kcmkonsole'.
DCOP:  'kcmshell-22139' now known as 'kcmshell_'
DCOP: unregister 'kcmshell_'
kdeinit: PID 22139 terminated.
DCOP: unregister 'konsole-22032'

...and similar results if I try to run 'kcmshell kcmkonsole' manually.

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)