s2ram and kde-guidance-powermanager

pol linux_milano at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 22 21:44:10 BST 2007

<posted & mailed>

After 6 months working fine, the default method to suspend to ram does not
resume X correctly any more, on my laptop.
Luckly, i have found the plain line command 's2ram -f' works, although not
to perfection (e.g. fan does not start).

I have suitably changed the script used by 'power manager', that is:
 /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux
to select 's2ram -f' as  command to suspend my machine.

However, I would like to understand why the default dbus command does not
work so as to try to fix it, but syntax is so cryptic i need your help.
Here is the command:
   dbus-send --system --dest=com.novell.powersave \
                        --print-reply /com/novell/powersave \
                        com.novell.powersave.action.SuspendToRam

What are those options? Which parameters affect the resume process?

Thank you for your help

--
Pol