more users in the same x-session

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Aug 2 12:24:25 BST 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007, pol wrote:
> I would like to allow several users start their applications (tipically
> konqueror, kontact or basket) from within a x/kde session already running
> and be able to save their session on exit.
> I guess such users are not able to start their own dcopserver so they
> should be  allowed to talk to the already running dcopserver.

Every user's KDE application will start their respective basic KDE
infrastructure, including their DCOP server.

> That would allow to invoke  ksmserver to save their session.
> Is it the correct description of the system working?
> How to instruct the dcopserver to accept requests from other users?

I am not sure if this works at all, but I guess you could make the target
user's files all group writable and have all others in this group as well.
This includes the socket for the DCOP server, which might be someplace outside
the target user's home directory.

I really wouldn't advise doing this.

Cheers,
Kevin