Help when

Wed Apr 18 20:30:33 BST 2007

On Thursday 19 Apr 2007 12:14:45 am ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com wrote:
> Have just installed KDE (running Sidux) on a new
> computer. Is there no utility in KDE to assist moving user(s).

AFAIK No.

> For instance
> with KMail: I copy the Mail folder to the new machine and KDE picks it up.
> But what about the mail settings (send, receive, pop etc) ?

You need to copy the config files ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc and
~/.kde/share/config/emailidentities.

> The contacts/mailaddress are
> all gone

You need to copy the file ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf assuming you have not
changed the defaults.

> * Is there no kde export application ?

This has been discussed here. But nothing available a the moment AFAIK.
--
Cheers!
kitts