Help when

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Apr 19 11:26:50 BST 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 21:30 +0100, kitts wrote:
> On Thursday 19 Apr 2007 12:14:45 am ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com wrote:
> > Have just installed KDE (running Sidux) on a new
> > computer. Is there no utility in KDE to assist moving user(s).
>
> AFAIK No.

There is a program called Kamion, originally developed as a Google Summer of
Code Project 2005, then extended in GSoC2006.

Its aim is to backup and restore (thus also migrate) user data.

However, I am not sure what state the application is in at the moment.

I usually migrate my whole home directory, but if one is concerend about cache
files, .kde/share should be sufficient.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring