Wink key not working

Sat Sep 16 13:01:45 BST 2006

Ever since i came into the world of linux a year ago, the win key never has
worked for me. I did not even bother of this until recently when i
discovered that i could add
	option "XkbOptions" "altwin:super_win"
to xorg.conf and have it working. I did this on my machine at work and i now
have the win key working. However, the same does not work on my home pc.

I am currently using KDE 3.5.4. xev does not generate events either for both
the left and right win keys or the menu key.

key board settings in xorg.conf are as follows:

	 Section "InputDevice"
	   Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
	   Driver "kbd"
	   option "CoreKeyboard"
	   option "XkbRules" "xorg"
	   option "XkbModel" "pc104"
	   option "XkbLayout" "us"
	  option "XkbOptions" "altwin:super_win"
	EndSection

I would like to now use the win key for shortcuts... but how?
--
Cheers!
kitts