Always view with "Detailed View" - Konqueror 3.5.5

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 10:35:43 GMT 2006

There is a complication here I think. Maybe because there will be a copy of
Konq loaded in memory. So
Close all Konq windows including the web. Click on your home icon, set the
case be file management and close the window. I had this problem too on kde
3.4.2 B. I think I also had to log off and then log on again. (I only have
one instance of knoq loaded at starte up.) The default profile has remained
as set since even if I change the view etc.

John

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 11:20, Young-joon Kim wrote:
> Hi, I also have a same experience with you, tried to find a way to
> save current view mode.
>
> It's very simple, use "Save View Profile file management" menu. The
> menu is near "Load View Profile" menu. Set the current view mode as
> detailed view, and then save view profile. You can see konqueror loads
> file in detailed view everytime.
>
> 2006/11/28, Amit Joshi <amitjoshi86 at gmail.com>:
> > Is there any way to tell Konqueror to always use the Detailed List View?
> > The version of Konqueror is 3.5.5 on KDE 3.5.5 on this Debian Testing
> > system.
> >
> > I thought that Konqueror would remember the settings, but it does not.
> > So is there any way to save these settings?
> >
> > I tried using the Load View Profile option. But then, there is no way to
> > load a particular View Profile every time Konqueror loads.
> > Anybody wanna gimme a clue? Thanks.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Amit.