"Click to raise" and composite manager

Michael Rex me at rexi.org
Fri Nov 3 15:21:01 GMT 2006

Hi Cathal,

I've been testing the settings some more and this is what I found out:

When I set "Focus policy" to "Click to Focus" everything works as expected,
when I set it to any of the other options the problem mentioned before
appears again.

When I press the Win key and click in a window it is properly raised, even
with one of the other focus options selected (is Win+Click supposed to have
some special meaning?)

I can't seem to reproduce it on this system, but when I tried another one with
the same settings I could raise a window by clicking anywhere in it while the
window was still fading in. After it was completely visible clicking anywhere
to raise it wouldn't work there, too.

What settings do you want to know? I have set it up as "Focus policy"
== "Click to Raise", "Auto raise" and "Delay focus" deselected and "Click
raise active window" selected. Do you need to know anything else?

Thanks for your help,

Michael