KMail + Gnubiff

T E Schmitz mailreg at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Nov 1 18:02:55 GMT 2006

I am currently using Thunderbird and Gnubiff as a mail notifier. I'd
like to switch to KMail but noticed that KMail does not handle deletions
in the same way:

Gnubiff lives on the Gnome panel. It is set to watche my IMAP mailbox
and displays new emails in a pop-up. When a message is deleted in
Thunderbird, it will not be listed by Gnubiff next time it refreshes.

If I delete the message in KMail, or Evolution for that matter, Gnubiff
will continue to show this message as new mail. That means I would have
manually to mark the Gnubiff mailbox as 'read'.

My guess is that KMail (and Evolution) just mark a message as deleted
while Thunderbird actually moves it to a Trash folder?

Any suggestions for a work-around?

I know KMail has a mail notifier, too. But a) I prefer the way how
Gnubiff works and b) the number of unread messages displayed by the
KMail taskbar icon is not correct (it includes deleted, unread messages).

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz