KMail + Gnubiff

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Nov 3 09:01:02 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 19:02, T E Schmitz wrote:
> I am currently using Thunderbird and Gnubiff as a mail notifier. I'd
> like to switch to KMail but noticed that KMail does not handle deletions
> in the same way:
>
> Gnubiff lives on the Gnome panel. It is set to watche my IMAP mailbox
> and displays new emails in a pop-up. When a message is deleted in
> Thunderbird, it will not be listed by Gnubiff next time it refreshes.
>
> If I delete the message in KMail, or Evolution for that matter, Gnubiff
> will continue to show this message as new mail. That means I would have
> manually to mark the Gnubiff mailbox as 'read'.
>
> My guess is that KMail (and Evolution) just mark a message as deleted
> while Thunderbird actually moves it to a Trash folder?
>
> Any suggestions for a work-around?

I think the mails are get marked as "unread" when the folder is compacted.
Unfortunately only "compat all folders" is exported in KMail's DCOP interface,
so depending how long this usually takes, you could have a script/cron job
call this method regularily.

$ dcop kmail KMailIface compactAllFolders

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring