Help for install koffice and kdepim3

Gary Greene greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Tue May 9 16:58:41 BST 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 11:12 am, Justin Denick wrote:
> On 5/9/06, Lorenzo La Spada <l.laspada at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm a new subscriber and a new user of KDE
> >
> > I went through the install process of kde with some difficulties. Some of
> > the kde parts are working well (kdeaccessibility3, kdebase3, kdegames3,
> > kdelibs3, kdenetwork3, kdeutils3) while other failed to install or
> > activate (kdepim3, koffice). I'm still facing some problems to install
> > kdepim3 and koffice, I don't understantand which part is missing.
> >
> > Can someone help me to find the problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> >
> > First kdepim3, I got this message:

> >------------------------ ...
> > configure: WARNING:
> > ***
> > *** getenv() is not thread-safe and getenv_r() does not exist
> > ***
> > checking for timegm... yes
> > checking for gpg... /opt/local/bin/gpg
> > checking for gpgsm... no
> > configure: WARNING:
> > ***
> > *** Could not find GpgSM, install GpgSM or use --with-gpgsm=PATH to
> > enable it
> > ***
>
> This was looking for gpgsm the like-OpenPGP based encryption software.
> It is not a dependency of kdepim. As such it need not be installed first.
>
> If it is installed and you are compiling you own packages
>      than you must tell the ./configure where gpgsm is installed.
> Else
>      tell ./configure not to look for it
> fi

> > kdepim3-3.5.1-4 make-build failed!
> > Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
> > /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsy
> >nc.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_kde_kdepim3/work/kdepim- 3.5.1 &&
> > ./CompileScript.sh" returned error 1
> >
> > /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> > make[3]: *** [libkcal.la] Error 1
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > kdepim3-3.5.1-4 make-build failed!
> >
> > Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdepim3):
> > com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.archive
> > com.apple.install
> > Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

> >------------------------
> >
> > As for koffice, I had the following message:

> > Searching for dependency: koffice
> > DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: koffice
> > /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> > Error creating ./karbon/libkarboncommon.la. Exit status 1.
> > koffice-1.5.0-0 make-build failed!
> >
> > Warning: the following items did not execute (for koffice):
> > com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.archive
> > com.apple.install
> > Error: The following dependencies failed to build: koffice
> > Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

> [...]

This looks a lot like Fink for Darwin or KDE on OS X. The main issue here is
that if they are using Fink, I'd recommend he use apt, as Fink has it
available. If however, this is KDE on OS X, then I'd look at sending an email
to the folks working on the OS X port as they may have a good idea what to do
with the koffice build.