Help for install koffice and kdepim3

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:12:20 BST 2006

On 5/9/06, Lorenzo La Spada <l.laspada at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a new subscriber and a new user of KDE
>
> I went through the install process of kde with some difficulties. Some of
> the kde parts are working well (kdeaccessibility3, kdebase3, kdegames3,
> kdelibs3, kdenetwork3, kdeutils3) while other failed to install or activate
> (kdepim3, koffice). I'm still facing some problems to install kdepim3 and
> koffice, I don't understantand which part is missing.
>
> Can someone help me to find the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> First kdepim3, I got this message:

> configure: WARNING:
> ***
> *** getenv() is not thread-safe and getenv_r() does not exist
> ***
> checking for timegm... yes
> checking for gpg... /opt/local/bin/gpg
> checking for gpgsm... no
> configure: WARNING:
> ***
> *** Could not find GpgSM, install GpgSM or use --with-gpgsm=PATH to enable
> it
> ***

This was looking for gpgsm the like-OpenPGP based encryption software.
It is not a dependency of kdepim. As such it need not be installed first.

If it is installed and you are compiling you own packages
     than you must tell the ./configure where gpgsm is installed.
Else
     tell ./configure not to look for it
fi

> kdepim3-3.5.1-4 make-build failed!
> Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_kde_kdepim3/work/kdepim-
> 3.5.1 && ./CompileScript.sh" returned error 1
>
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[3]: *** [libkcal.la] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> kdepim3-3.5.1-4 make-build failed!
>
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdepim3):
> com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.archive
> com.apple.install
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

> As for koffice, I had the following message:

> Searching for dependency: koffice
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: koffice
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> Error creating ./karbon/libkarboncommon.la. Exit status 1.
> koffice-1.5.0-0 make-build failed!
>
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for koffice):
> com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.archive
> com.apple.install
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: koffice
> Error: /opt/local/bin/port: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Fix the kdepim thing first.

Also, what distro are you using. A package manager such as portage (gentoo),
rpm (red-hatish), urpmi (mandrake) and apt (debian) might be advantagous to
you. As they will resolve dependencies for you.

> Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain