Default values for ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Mar 31 13:48:29 BST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 14:24, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Quoting Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> > > Q: what can I do to make my own kdeglobals file the stock default
> > > setting?
> >
> > Usually you can place the same file into the respective global location:
> >
> > $ kde-config --expandvars --install config
> >
> > Not sure if this applies for kdeglobals as well, but you could try to
> > copy the
> > one of the current user to the above location and check if it is valid
> > for other users as long as they have no override values themselves.
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried what you suggested, e. g. place kdeglobals in some directory (for
> example my home directory) and then issue 'kde-config --expandvars
> --install config', but to no avail. Tried this as user as well as being
> root.
>
> I followed some other suggestion and tried qtconfig for default font type
> and size configuration, but this didn't seem to work either.

Sorry, there is a misunderstanding. The given command does not install
anything it lists the directory where KDE's global configuration is
installed.
For example on my system at home it will print
/etc/kde3
on my system at work it will print
/usr/share/config

So you actually should try this as root:
$ cp kdeglobal $(kde-config --expandvars --install config)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>