Default values for ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Mar 30 19:04:04 BST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 19:50, Niki Kovacs wrote:

> I'm currently busy configuring a small-footprint desktop for older hardware
> (like Pentium II 233), based on XFCE, but allowing the odd KDE or GNOME app
> to run on it. First test runs are rather conclusive. For example, for
> allowing K3B to run under XFCE, I have arts, Qt and kdelibs installed. No

In case you are compiling yourself, you can even do without arts.

> Q: what can I do to make my own kdeglobals file the stock default setting?

Usually you can place the same file into the respective global location:

$ kde-config --expandvars --install config

Not sure if this applies for kdeglobals as well, but you could try to copy the
one of the current user to the above location and check if it is valid for
other users as long as they have no override values themselves.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>