KPDF

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 19 15:43:48 GMT 2006

I've just checked pdf reading with acrobat. It's instantaneous were as KPDF is
virtually unusable. The odobe version also gives page icons - very useful if
there are lots of pages.
I can't see any way of restoring an adobe plugin in Konq. Can some one help or
offer any suggestions? As far as I can see konq uses a netscape pdf plugin
which one would assume aught to be an adobe version. There doesn't seem to be
any mime type association for pdf files. So it's built in??

Regards
John

Hi
Something very odd about KPDF. It seems to be much much slower than the pdf
viewer that came with suse 9 (acrobat?). Pages come up with a large cross,
followed by a general fuzz that becomes readable after a while. About a 2sec
pause per page downloaded or saved. Much too slowly to scan through a
document. The machine is a 3gig P4, 1gig 400ddr memory, 10K class raided
drives and an lower upper end nvidia graphics card. Screen resolution is 1280
by 1024 24bit refreshing at 74Hz. Everything else is quick. I also get the
impression that the pdf resolution isn't always as good as it should be and
have to zoom to 150% or 200%.

Are there any settings that need to be tidied up to cure this or how do I get
adobe back again?

Also if I download a pdf file in Konq and then decide to save it - it's
downloaded again. Why?

Regards
John

--