make problem arts-1.5.3

tyche tyche at ica.net
Mon Jun 26 20:41:46 BST 2006

On Monday 26 June 2006 12:55, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> >> Which module are you trying to compile?
>
> Duh. I really should read the subject. I'll blame my lack
> of coffee at that time in the morning.
>
> > : undefined reference to `pthread_create'
>
> This is the problem - you need to make sure everything's
> trying to link against pthread (and not the other threading
> library, the name of which I've forgotten). On FreeBSD, I
> have to add "LDFLAGS=-pthread" to make sure the thread
> linking is done correctly. The exact solution probably
> depends on your distribution. Which distro are you using?
>
> Regards,
> Philip
fedora core 2. dont have the resources right now to upgrade
hardware. am considering recompiling everything and doing an
over write.

ty for the info on the link, what is linked to what? have
never had a problem like this before now. if it helps any,
the rpm database on this is screwy, not sure exactly what is
wrong with it at the current time, is one other thing i am
working on.

tia

tyche

--