unmount usb mounted device

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Jun 26 07:06:59 BST 2006

Hallo,

I have discovered a realy strange thing this weekend. If I plug in a usb
stick, a usb-stick symbol pops up at my desktop. With the latest
dbus/hal stuff there is no entry in the fstab (that is ok afaik). I can
mount this usb device with no problem.

If I want to unmount this device I get no error message. There is
something going on (the cpu load is high for about three seconds) but
nothing happens. The usb devise keep being mounted. I have to login as
root to unmount the device.

With the older hal versions there was a tool to update the fstab
(fstab-sync), but this tool is remove in current versions. Am I missing
something fundamental?

KDE 3.5.3 (from cvs from last friday)
hal 0.5.7
dbus 0.62